August 12, 2015 Leave a comment
CANEWDON ROAD WESTCLIFF-ON-SEA
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 – SECTION 14
TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURE
CARRIAGEWAY RESURFACING WORKS
- SOUTHEND-ON-SEA BOROUGH COUNCIL HEREBY GIVES NOTICE that to facilitate ESSENTIAL CARRIAGEWAY RESURFACING WORKS they have imposed a TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURE on CANEWDON ROAD WESTCLIFF-ON-SEA.
- Whilst this NOTICE is in operation, all vehicles will be prohibited from:
ENTERING CANEWDON ROAD FROM ITS JUNCTION WITH HAMLET COURT ROAD TO ITS JUNCTION WITH MILTON ROAD
- Nothing in the Notice will apply to:
- any vehicle being used in connection with the execution of the said works or any public utility vehicle;
- anything done with the permission or at the direction of a Police Constable in uniform or a Civil Enforcement Officer;
- any vehicle on an occasion when it is being used for fire brigade, ambulance or police purposes, if the observance of that provision would be likely to hinder the use of the vehicle for the purpose for which it is being used on that occasion, provided that conditions which prevail on site at any one time do not render it unsafe or impossible for such a vehicle or vehicles to use any part of the public highway for the time being;
- This prohibition will come into effect ON 24TH AUGUST 2015 FOR 5 DAYS FROM 08:00 HOURS TO 17:00 HOURS. TWO DAYS WITHIN THIS 5 DAY PERIOD WILL BE NIGHT TIME WORKING AT THE JUNCTION WITH HAMLET COURT ROAD THIS WORK WILL COMMENCE AT 21.30 HOURS TO 05.30 HOURS THE FOLLOWING MORNING. .
- Whilst the road is closed, an alternative route for traffic will be signed on site and resident’s access will be maintained where possible.
- The prohibitions or restrictions will apply only during such time and to such extent as indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the TRAFFIC SIGNS REGULATIONS AND GENERAL DIRECTIONS 2002
- Any vehicle waiting in contravention of any restriction/prohibition imposed by this Notice may be issued with a Penalty Charge Notice and removed under the provisions of the Removal and Disposal of Vehicles Regulations 1986.