68 London Road
September 3, 2015 Leave a comment
I have quite a number of residents contact me about proposals for 68 London Road, Southend-on-Sea. The Regulatory Services Officer has responded as below, and I expect many to continue to object (and this can be done by email to email@example.com).
Dear Sir / Madam,
I am writing to you in my capacity as a Licensing Officer within the Southend Borough Councils Licensing Authority.
I am writing to confirm receipt of your representation, and attached is a cover letter detailing this.
I had a meeting today with the applicant for the Premises Licence relating to 68 London Road. I can confirm that the following has been agreed and as such the application reflects the following details:
i. The application is for the sale of Alcohol for both on and off the premises Monday – Saturday from 10:30 to 22:00 hours.
ii. No trading on a Sunday.
iii. No other Licensable activities are being applied for (i.e. no recorded music.)
iv. The premises shall open from 08:00 – 22:00 hours Monday to Saturday, but the sale of alcohol shall be during 10:30 to 22:00 hours.
Also please find below conditions which have been agreed with the Licensing Responsible Authority which would also be attached to the Licence if it were to be granted:
1) The Licensee shall ensure that a ‘Challenge 25’ scheme is operated, whereby any person who appears to be under 25 years of age is required to produce means of identification proving they are over 18 years of age. The only authorised means of identification shall be passport, UK photo driving licence or ‘PASS’ accredited card.
2) The Licensee shall install and maintain a CCTV system with a minimum of 3 internal and 3 external cameras. The external cameras shall be sited as follows: m2 cameras to the front aspect and 1 to the rear. Images shall be retained for at least 28 days. A person who is able to download images shall be on duty during licensed hours.
3) Deliveries to the premises may only take place between 10.00 and 18.00
4) Refuse collections from the premises may only take place between 10.00 and 18.00
5) Off sales of beers, ales and ciders shall be limited to wholesale (i.e. in sealed cases), or in to persons who have purchased a take-away meal.
If the above addresses your concerns which were raised in your representation, could you please confirm that you no longer wish to continue with your objection.
However, if the above does answer your concerns and an agreement is not achievable with all parties, a hearing will be convened and the application shall be heard by a Licensing Sub-Committee. I shall write further setting out the formal arrangements of such a hearing if it is required.