Some of the things that Labour has already done in the short time we have been part of the Joint Administration in Southend-on-Sea.
• We are taking action on Victoria Avenue, after years of neglect under the Conservatives. This is part of a strategy to bring more jobs and investment to our area. Derelict tower blocks have blighted our town for too long. It is time to do something about them.
• We are speaking up for local services. We have successfully campaigned to keep Hamstel Children’s Centre open and we are looking to make sure all our libraries have proper paid staff.
• We are looking to invest in community facilities, particularly in central Southend to put something back into the community after Conservative cuts.
• Addressing the housing crisis and build affordable and social housing, to help local people struggling to find a home.
• Review the Shoebury sea wall plans. Local people do not trust the Conservatives’ decisions. We will look at alternatives.